Low Testosterone in Chicago, also known as Low T or Male Hypogonadism, is a condition common among men older than 60 years old but may also affect younger men.
Testosterone is a hormone produced in the body and in males, is primarily produced in the testicles. It is responsible for sexual development and sperm production, building muscle mass, bone density, emotional health and more.
Low T can result from a variety of causes including injury or trauma to the testicles, taking certain medications, chemotherapy and radiation, certain chronic illnesses, developmental issues and conditions, age and more.
The symptoms of low testosterone in aging men can vary from person to person but may include:
- Reduced sex drive: One of the most common symptoms of low testosterone is a decrease in sex drive or libido.
- Erectile dysfunction: Low testosterone can also lead to difficulties in achieving or maintaining an erection during sexual activity.
- Fatigue: Low testosterone levels can cause a decrease in energy levels, leading to feelings of fatigue and tiredness.
- Decreased muscle mass: Testosterone plays a key role in building and maintaining muscle mass. Low levels can result in a decrease in muscle mass and strength.
- Increased body fat: Low testosterone can also lead to an increase in body fat, particularly in the abdominal area.
- Decreased bone density: Testosterone helps to maintain bone density. Low levels can lead to a decrease in bone density, which can increase the risk of fractures.
- Mood changes: Low testosterone levels can lead to mood changes, including depression, irritability, and difficulty concentrating.
Reclaim your edge. Call now to discuss testosterone replacement therapy.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, schedule an appointment with us and we can perform a blood test to determine if low testosterone is the cause.
We have many treatment options available that may include testosterone replacement therapy or other lifestyle changes.